October 30-31, 2013 - Toronto, ON
|We Are Canada's Leader In Electrical Training
More than 1,500 satisfied electrical professionals in the past year alone!
INTERESTED IN COST EFFECTIVE, PROFESSIONAL ON-SITE ELECTRICAL GROUNDING TRAINING??
We can present an Electrical Grounding Course to your electrical engineering staff, on your premises, tailored to your specific equipment and requirements. Randy Hurst, President, The Electricity Forum, is ready to help design this program for you.
Click Here For Your FREE Electrical Grounding Training Quotation
Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel
View PDF Brochure
Download PDF Brochure
SPECIAL NOTE ON WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Grounding And Bonding For The Telecommunications Industry Course. This advanced course is designed for those who are required to design, plan, install, maintain and supervise contractors who are providing grounding and lightning protection systems for telecommunications Sites, such as: Electrical Engineers, Project Engineers, Design Engineers, site Engineers or those who are responsible for the engineering, design, construction, installation, inspection, operation, or maintenance of electrical grounding systems in telecommunications facilties.
Click Here For Our 2-Day Electrical Grounding For Mission-Critical Facilities Course
Click Here For Our 2-Day (Edmonton Only) Electrical Grounding Techniques For Oil & Gas Applications Course
Click Here For Our 1-Day Lightning Protection Course
Telecommunications Grounding is a course that will define and completely explain grounding and bonding for telecommunications systems.
It will provide information for the installation of a grounding and bonding system for communications infrastructure. The course will include requirements for providing a permanent grounding and bonding infrastructure for communications circuits, raceways, and cable tray.
This course will provide the participants with a good understanding of the principles of lightning protection and grounding of telecommunications facilities, such as self-supporting radio towers, guyed masts, monopoles and rooftop antenna mounting frames and structures and how techniques are applied in the field to protect these structures and the associated equipment, staff and the general public.
This training course will explain grounding and bonding requirements in the C22.1-06, the NEC and TIA/EIA/ANSI Standards.
Improve the protection and operation of your communications facilities and minimize the hazards to your personnel. This course will address electrical and mechanical grounding in central offices, loop access sites like DLCs, buildings, and wireless communications installations such as base station sites and microwave radio installations.
The participants will come away with a sound understanding of:
- The fundamental characteristics of lightning and how to protect against it
- How power line disturbances can impact communications
- How to control corrosion through grounding
- The role of the CE Code, NESC, NEC and other codes and standards
- Earth grounds and soil characteristics
- How to provide for a common bonding network in telco sites and buildings
- The participants will understand the requirements of the CEC, NEC and TIA/EIA/ANSI “Commercial Building Grounding (Earthing) and Bonding Requirements for Telecommunications.
- The participant will understand the concept of "equal potential grounds" that the industry tries to achieve in a data center telecommunications environment.
- Proper grounding at radio and antenna sites
- 100+ Page Electrical Grounding Handbook - Value $20
- $100 Coupon Toward any Future 2013-14 Electricity Forum Event
- 1.4 Continuing Education Unit (CEU) Credits
- FREE Electrical Source Industrial Power Systems Magazine Subscription (Value $50.00)
- Forum Presentations in Paper Format
When and Where
The Telecommunications Electrical Grounding Course will be held as follows:
A special bedroom rate (non-commissionable) has been arranged with these hotels. To receive this rate, inform the hotel that you are a delegate with the Canadian Electricity Forum when making your reservation.
Toronto, ON - October 30-31, 2013
Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel
6257 Airport Road, Mississauga, ON
The registration fee to attend the Telecommunications Electrical Grounding Course is $799.00 + GST/HST. The fee includes forum participation, refreshments. Lunch is Included.
Register and prepay 14 days before forum date and receive an early bird
discount of $50.00
SPECIAL PROMOTION: Register 3 delegates at full price of $799 each, and get a 4th registration FREE!