- The Electricity Forum accepts only original material for inclusion in the indexed editorial content of our web pages. This can be repurposed material drawn from other sources but the content must be sufficiently altered that it appears as original content, exclusive for The Electricity Forum. Our editors will use copyright software to scan and ensure that any content being submitted for publishing on the Electricity Forum website is indeed exclusive and original. There are no exceptions to this guideline.
- Trust is the foundation of all important publishing and at the Electricity Forum we strive to gain the respect and trust of our readers. We believe that in order to be respected, we must be seen to be accurate, impartial, independent and honest and those perceptions serve to build a relationship with our readers that is founded on trust. Therefore, any material submitted to the Electricity Forum must be accurate, free of bias and commercial content, authored by identifiable individuals, and not solely attributed to businesses or corporations.
- Getting the facts correct is not all there is to Accuracy. Accuracy extends beyond relevant facts to the determination of truth. Any relevant facts can be twisted into one perspective or another. The Electricity Forum seeks content that is well-intentioned, truthful and balanced from a number of perspectives. The Electricity Forum insists that all information submitted for publishing is obviously honest and transparent in it's intentions, which should be the education of our readers.
- Impartiality is central to the Electricity Forum's commitment to its readers. The Electricity Forum does not itself take sides or positions (except in our editorial opinion pages) on electricity policies and technologies. While the Electricity Forum applies impartiality to all our subject content, we invite and encourage authors to be strident in their opinions and be supported by accuracy, impartiality, independent thinking, and accountability. Electricity Forum editorial content reflects a diversity of opinion across our electrical industry as a whole.
- The Electricity Forum strives for Editorial Independence, which means that any article published in our pages is free of commercial content and pressure, personal vendetta or agenda, and financial interests that could undermine our editorial independence and integrity.
- The Electricity Forum strives for transparency. This means that we insist that editorial content submitted to the Electricity Forum be properly and accurately identified by author. Any source material used as a resource in the authorship of editorial content should be suitably stated and acknowledged.
- The Electricity Forum is accountable to our readers for the material that is published online and in our print and digital magazines. The continuing trust that our readers place in the Electricity Forum is the sole determining currency at the heart of our relationship with them. Obviously, mistakes occur and then they do, we readily acknowledge mistakes when they are made and our company encourages a culture of willingness to learn from mistakes and to accept responsibility. We also expect our authors to be accountable to our readers by making sure to every degree possible that our editorial guidelines are met when authoring and submitted editorial content for publication.
- You hereby grant to The Electricity Forum the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, exclusive rights and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display all content, remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics, or other information submitted to The Electricity Forum and to incorporate any submission in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. The Electricity Forum will not be required to treat any submission as confidential, and may use any submission in its business (including without limitation, for products or advertising, or for financial profit) without incurring any liability for royalties or any other consideration of any kind.
Furthermore, you understand and agree that your writing and photos are being released to The Electricity Forum for editing and publication; that the legal rights to this content are being transferred to The Electricity Forum for its exclusive use; that you will not re-publish this content elsewhere in print or on the internet; that you will not be financially compensated for your submission; that you agree you are being provided valuable consideration in the form of variable exposure, implied promotion, and in some cases back linking, all to various degrees subject to change; that you agree to indemnify and hold The Electricity Forum harmless for any acts, errors, or omissions on your part; that The Electricity Forum may remove your content at any time and for any reason; and that The Electricity Forum reserves the right to not publish any material deemed to be unfit for publication by its own terms, which are subject to change.