Given the current situation, Hydro-QuĂ©bec is calling upon the public to reduce electricity consumption during peak hours, in order to give it an additional operating margin.
Hydro-QuĂ©bec asks that consumption be reduced during the following peak hours:
- Thursday, January 15: between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. and between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Friday, January 16: between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. and between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m.
The most effective measures to reduce consumption are as follows:
- Turn down the heat by 2 degrees in all rooms;
- Limit lighting to what is strictly necessary, especially outdoors;
- Limit hot water use; - Avoid using dishwashers, clothes washers or dryers.
To help ensure service reliability, Hydro-QuĂ©bec has applied various means at its disposal to meet exceptional circumstances. Furthermore, Hydro-QuĂ©bec will reduce heating and lighting throughout its QuĂ©bec facilities and will turn off the illuminated sign at the top of its head office building.
The company wants to thank the public for its cooperation and will keep it informed.