Given the current situation, Hydro-Qu├ębec is calling upon the public to reduce electricity consumption during peak hours, in order to give it an additional operating margin.
Hydro-Qu├ębec asks that consumption be reduced during the following peak hours:
- Thursday, January 15: between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. and between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Friday, January 16: between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. and between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m.
The most effective measures to reduce consumption are as follows:
- Turn down the heat by 2 degrees in all rooms;
- Limit lighting to what is strictly necessary, especially outdoors;
- Limit hot water use; - Avoid using dishwashers, clothes washers or dryers.
To help ensure service reliability, Hydro-Qu├ębec has applied various means at its disposal to meet exceptional circumstances. Furthermore, Hydro-Qu├ębec will reduce heating and lighting throughout its Qu├ębec facilities and will turn off the illuminated sign at the top of its head office building.
The company wants to thank the public for its cooperation and will keep it informed.