Electrical workers face high occupational risks on the job – especially when energized electrical equipment is involved. That’s why The Electricity Forum Training Institute provides Advanced Electrical Safety Training. Our course utilizes NFPA 70e/CSA Z462 requirements, preparing electrical workers for the potential electrical hazards in the workplace and teaches the necessary precautionary measures to avoid such hazards.
This ALL NEW 1-day Advanced Electrical Safety training course is best suited for students who want a more in-depth look at NFPA 70e/CSA Z462 arc flash standards, an in-depth look at:
Our Advanced Electrical Safety training course is designed to take students and their organizations to a deeper level of understanding, planning and coordination of electrical safety program development and implementation. Our electrical safety training course is designed for electrical safety specialists who are responsible for electrical systems and safety programs that help their electrical workers to identify shock and arc flash hazards and prevent injuries and incidents associated with those hazards.
Employers, supervisors, lead hands, electrical engineering and maintenance personnel who perform or directly or indirectly or oversee live electrical work in the workplace.
John Robin, Arc Flash/Electrical Safety Consultant, The Electricity Forum
1. Co-coordinating Company Safety Standards with Occupational Health and Safety Management Standards
2. Electrical maintenance, and Company safety standards
3. Safe approach Zones
4. Methods for determination of Incident energy and arc flash boundaries
5. Company Electrical safety programs
6. Risk assessments
7. Lockout programs
8. Selection of PPE and changes in 2015
9. Job briefing and tailboard meetings notes
10. Working within the limited approach Boundary of overhead or buried power Lines and equipment
11. Design considerations
12. Arc flash and shock warning labels
13. Substation systems and equipment
14. Shock injuries from electrostatic discharges
15. Workplace electrical Safety
Start: 8:00 a.m.
Coffee Break: 10:00 a.m.
Lunch: 12:00 noon
Restart: 1:15 p.m.
Finish: 4:30 p.m.