Contractor electrocuted at Whiteface ski area

WHITEFACE MOUNTAIN, NEW HAMPSHIRE - An electrical contractor doing a preseason check on equipment at an Adirondack ski resort has been electrocuted.

The Olympic Regional Development Authority says 44-year-old William Cowie of Stark, N.H., was killed testing a transformer at about 7 a.

m. August 26 in the Kids Kampus area at Whiteface Mountain.

The Essex County medical examiner ruled the death accidental, saying Cowie died immediately from cardiac arrest.

The section of the mountain where Cowie was killed is not open to the public during the summer and fall. ORDA says power at the site has been temporarily shut down and state police investigated the accident.

Cowie worked with a Concord, N.H., team contracted to do annual testing on transformers throughout the Whiteface complex.


in Year

LATEST Electrical Jobs

Content Community Connection