Employee suffers electric shock

COBOURG, ONTARIO - A 60-year-old employee at Chem-Ecol in Cobourg was in serious condition after being shocked while working on a fuse panel recently.

Cobourg Police say the maintenance man at the Victoria Street North plant was working on a fuse panel after an employee informed him that a pump had stopped working.

Cobourg Police Constable Terry Stanley said the maintenance man, who is a 20-year employee of the plant, was holding an electrical meter while working on the panel that powered a pump which had stopped working when the circuit was completed, sending the charge through the meter.

Northumberland County Paramedics and the Cobourg Fire Department attended and shut down the power to the plant.

The man was taken to Northumberland Hills Hospital, suffering from burns to his hand and singed facial hair.

Cobourg Police and the Ministry of Labour continue to investigate.


in Year

LATEST Electrical Jobs

Content Community Connection