June 28, 2023

Live Online Event

Hosted by The Electricity Forum

FREE

Forum Sponsors
westex
EasyPower
I-gard Coporation

Electricity Today Magazine Live Online Forums deliver live content, networking opportunities and engaging virtual experiences to our community front-line electrical professionals working in Industrial, Commercial and Institutional power systems. This Live Online Forum offers perspective and discussion on Workplace Arc Flash/Electrical Safety policies, practices and solutions with focus on worker protection and hazard mitigation.

45 minutes presentation includes 10 minutes of Q&A.

9:00 am - 9:45 am

I-Gard Corporation: Unparalleled Protection

I-Gard’s SMART HRG technology: maximizing protection, ensuring process continuity

Sergio Panetta, our presenter, will go over the fundamentals of High Resistance Grounding (HRG) systems, relevant standards to this technology, conversion, and comparison between grounding methods, differences versus a standard HRG system, and typical configurations. You will learn more about the benefits of the I-Gard SMART HRG system in terms of increased electrical safety for your personnel and system operation.

High Resistance Grounding is a proven technology that provides process continuity even under a single ground fault condition. The SMART HRG from I-Gard is the only HRG system that ensures the continuity of your processes. It offers feeder indication and second fault protection which ensures that your most critical process is operational at all times, providing an opportunity for increased revenue.

The SMART HRG solution offers the benefits of the HRG technology and Arc Flash Mitigation functions in the same system. Once a certain level of light produced by an arc flash event is detected, the I-Gard sensors react in 1 millisecond sending a trip signal to the relay.    Detecting and interrupting an arc flash as quickly as possible reduces the incident energy levels and ensures workplace safety.

9:45am - 10:30am

Westex®: A Milliken Brand

Key Drivers of New FR/AR Fabric Technology: Comfort, Sustainability and Trust

All FR/AR fabrics are not created equal, and understanding what’s offered – and what’s possible – is critical. In this webinar, Scott Francis from Westex: A Milliken Brand highlights three key drivers behind the latest in FR/AR fabric technology. Join us as Scott outlines how the market’s demand for greater comfort, sustainability, and trust drives innovation.

10:30 am - 11:15 am

EasyPower LLC

Does Selective Coordination 'Help' or 'Hurt' Arc Flash Incident Energy? 

This presentation is focused on the impact on arc flash hazards when selective coordination is required to improve system reliability.

Sergio Panetta

Vice President of Engineering

I-gard Coporation

Sergio Panetta is the VP of Engineering at I-Gard Corporation. Sergio is a graduate of McMaster University (BEng ’83, MEng ’97) with over 3 decades of electrical engineering experience in switchgear design, commissioning and troubleshooting, and power system protection and Power system grounding. He continues to actively increase awareness on Electrical Safety on a global front. Sergio is a senior member of the IEEE, member of the IET, and has been awarded Consulting Engineering status with the PEO professional body. Sergio is a member of several industry working groups such as the working group chair of 3003 ( Grounding and Bonding which addresses standards like , 3003.1, 3003.2) Chair of C57.32a, Representing Canada for TC14, and, TC 64 for IEC Committees. Active member of P1584, P1814. Sergio is actively dealing with electrical safety and best practices including CSA, IEEE, IEC, and UL, Sergio is the author and owner of several US Patents related to electrical safety

Scott Francis

Technical Sales Manager, Westex: A Milliken Brand

Westex

Scott graduated from Augustana College and the University of Iowa with a M.S. in Inorganic Chemistry. Since 1991, Scott has been involved in the Safety Industry, gaining extensive experience with the performance of protective apparel fabrics and protective apparel programs. Scott has participated in a number of industry organizations, including Edison Electric Institute, National Safety Council-Utilities Division and the Pulp and Paper Safety Association. He frequently addresses trade associations and groups regarding electric arc and flash fire hazards, prevention of body burn injury, the protective performance of flame-resistant fabrics and related topics.

Jim Chastain

Application Engineer at EasyPower, part of Bentley Systems

Easy Power

Jim Chastain received his BS EE/CS from the University of California in Berkeley and then an MBA from the University of Santa Clara. Since 2014 he has been with EasyPower LLC as an application engineer. Each year he conducts an average of 12 monthly arc flash workshop at various locations. In his spare time he enjoys mentoring programming for local high school robotics teams.

follow the event