Objective: The Maintenance Electrician installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, pipe and electrical systems in commercial and industrial establishments by performing the following duties.
· Journeyman Electrician/Technician or equivalent
· 5+ years related experience and/or training;
· Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum Requirements (5+ years):
· Electrical Maintenance:
o Strong Electrical Troubleshooting
o Panel Building and Integration
o Single Phase and 3-Phase Motor Controls and Installation
o Press Controls, Resistance Welders, Misc. Equipment
o PLC Trouble-Shooting and/or Programming
o Ability to run conduit neatly
o Ability to perform Electrical PM’s
o Willing to do mechanical work as needed.
· Electrical Skills:
o Read Electrical Schematics and use to troubleshoot electrical problems.
o Ability to draw electrical schematics.
o Interpret Pneumatic and Hydraulic Schematics a plus
o Panel Building
o Strong Electrical Aptitude and math skills
o Ability to figure out conduit fills, wire sizes, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Ensure all employees follow all personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety requirements
· Identify potential safety hazards and take necessary actions to ensure employee safety
· Visually inspects and electrically tests machinery and equipment to detect malfunctions and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
· Identifies defective electrical components and repairs and/or wires in new parts.
· Understands electrical fundamentals and how to apply them.
· Able to read electrical schematics and use them to troubleshoot equipment.
· Basic PLC knowledge and the ability to troubleshoot utilizing the PLC programs
· Basic knowledge of the National Electrical code and standard electrical construction practices.
· Use ERP system to order parts and document work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location
881 Wayside Road
Cleveland, Ohio, United States, 44110-2961
Founded in 1987, Soundwich operates two facilities on the 70 acre Cleveland Industrial Innovation Center (CiiC) campus. The first, located at the Wayside Road entrance, is where the majority of metallic thermal management products are produced (below, left). The second plant can be accessed through the St. Clair Avenue entrance and has a broad array of highly-automated manufacturing cells that enable cost effective processing of metal, fiber and polymer substrates into high performing, lightweight thermal, acoustical and underbody shielding components (below, middle). In addition, Soundwich operates a sales and technical office in Troy, Michigan (below, right).
Electrical Maintenance Technician