SOLAR SOURCE® has been installing custom residential/commercial solar energy systems in Southern California since 2008. We are a licensed/bonded/insured contractor in solar, electrical, and roofing. We are proud to be a leader in the renewable energy industry and are currently seeking an experienced and highly motivated lead electrician/installer to join our team. This position will also require installing and connecting energy storage systems (batteries).
Our fast-growing company strives for perfection in every aspect of the solar installation process. Superior products, customer service, and employees are the reason for the growth and success we have experienced in over ten years in business. From our headquarters in Long Beach, CA, we provide full-service installations all over Southern California.
The Lead Electrician/Installer will perform a wide variety of operations duties. You will be expected to lead a 2-5 person electrical/solar installation team. You need to be comfortable with working on any aspect of a solar installation. Lead Electrician/Installer will be provided with a company work truck that they will manage as well as all necessary tools to conduct their daily duties.
The typical work week is 40 hours a week, 8-hour shifts. Pay for this position starts at $25hr-$40/hr, depending on qualifications and experience. If you do not have at least 4 years of proven and verifiable electrical experience, please do not apply for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Highly proficient in conduit bending and routing.
- Perform main service panel upgrades ranging from 100A to 225A (overhead and underground).
- Subpanel and load center upgrades.
- Tie in solar installations to main service panels.
- Able to identify and/or establish grounding.
- Work in tandem with our solar install team to install and connect residential energy storage systems.
- Identify and troubleshoot installed battery systems displaying incorrect or improper production or consumption load profiles.
- Problem solve and make modifications to system designs as needed.
- Proudly produce the highest quality workmanship.
- Communicate with field project manager frequently.
- Install, wire, and troubleshoot Enphase, SolarEdge, and SMA inverters.
- Install UNIRAC, Iron Ridge, and Pro Solar Racking systems.
- Install penetrations on shingle, tile, and another type of roofs.
- Basic stucco removal and main service panel weatherproofing as required to prep for and pass rough inspections.
- Ability to use appropriate tools and diagnostic equipment to repair, install, replace, and test 1000 volt and below electrical circuits, equipment and appliances.
- Ability to diagnose, service and repair solar electrical systems up to 500 kW.
- Ability to read residential/commercial electrical plans and perform NEC code compliant work for a full range of residential/commercial solar electrical systems up to 480/277v service.
- Ability to isolate defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment.
- Complete projects within established policies and procedures.
- Maintain high levels of quality assurance and quality control with an emphasis on crew safety.
- Maintain safety at job site.
- Maintain and manage solar installation crew including lunch and break times.
- Maintain company truck keeping it full and clean.
- Take and submit required quality control pictures.
- Successfully perform building department/AHJ inspections.
- Other duties and tasks as needed.
- Journeyman or electrical certification is a MUST. Please provide your certification number when applying.
- 4+ years of experience in residential and/or commercial electrical required
- 4+ years of experience installing photovoltaic systems preferred
- Experience with energy storage systems preferred, but not required
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record required
- Reliable transportation to and from work is required
- Professional in appearance and demeanor, with excellent customer service skills.
- Great attention to detail
- Great work ethic and team player
- Demonstrated leadership experience preferred
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures
- Must work exceptionally well with others, competently able to delegate work among crew, and resolve potential crew issues
- Communicate with fellow employees and customers in a professional manner
- Must be able to work independently or with a team
- Must always work safely; and be able to demonstrate knowledge of OSHA safety practices and ensure all fellow team members are also working safely.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Some college preferred
- Inquiries to this job posting must include a resume and proof of work experience. We are looking for an outstanding candidate who meets every requirement referenced. If you do not meet any of these requirements, please do not apply.
- Must be in good physical condition, have the ability to lift, pull, and push materials and equipment weighing approximately 50 pounds on a frequent basis, including up and down ladders.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Must be able to walk and work on roof tile without breaking them.
- Must have full range of mobility in upper and lower body; ability to work in various positions and environments. This includes residential/commercial attic space and sub-floor crawl space
Resumes can be submitted to Olivia Love email@example.com