The Journeyman Electrician will work with a project team on the installation and commission of HVAC, fire, security, lighting, and energy management control systems, and will be expected to play a key role in on-site activities as field partner to the project manager, assisting in the ordering of materials and coordination of on-site activities. A Journeyman Electrician will be responsible for installing and terminating conduit wire, cable, equipment, panels, sensors and various control components and devices. Other responsibilities include fabrication of control panels, installation of interlocking wiring and performance of wiring check out, and assistance of systems start-up. Shall participate in job site final walk-through and prepare all as built markup drawings for the design engineer.
The success of this role can be gauged by the following metrics:
1. Work is performed safely with all required precautions taken, and required safety reviews documented,
2. Consistently reports to work on time with all the tools required and the knowledge to efficiently perform the tasks that they are assigned and credentialed to perform,
3. Maintains and updates As-Built-Drawings and time records on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
An individual in this role has an in-depth understanding of electrical construction techniques, processes, and codes, with a commitment to safety and successful project execution by performing the following duties, where other applicable duties or responsibilities may be assigned from time to time:
1) Conducts project review and planning,
2) Reviews blueprints and specifications; ensures drawings and specifications will function as designed in environment intended for use,
3) Provides material take-offs for electrical facilities equipment requirements,
4) Constructs electrical control panels,
5) Rough and finish wiring and control systems,
6) Installs system components and wiring in compliance with local and federal codes,
7) Installs, troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains electrical control circuits for motors and control devices for various electrical devices,
8) Schedules critical and non-critical activities effectively for project success
9) Manages and schedules assigned apprentice staff,
10) Develops goals and priorities; assigns tasks and projects,
11) Counsels, trains, and coaches assigned staff,
12) Ensures accuracy and completion of assigned tasks and projects,
13) Tests installed and repaired equipment for proper performance,
14) Keep detailed and accurate reports and documentation.
This individual will oversee apprentice electricians.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
An individual in this role is responsible with ensuring that he/she works within the established policies, procedures, and guidelines of the organization, as well as applicable legislation. The individual fulfills the Health & Safety requirements for Employees as detailed in the organizations’ Health & Safety program.
Education and/or Experience
1. High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
2. Completion of college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training preferred.
3. Appropriate credentials and certifications - Industrial Electrician Trade Certification in California also known as a Journeyman Card.
4. Two (2) years’ experience as a Journeyman Electrician.
An individual in this role must be able to create written reports and instructions/procedures, and interact verbally with suppliers, management, and other staff. Frequent face to face interaction with coworkers and supervisors is required, with the ability to professionally interact with people sensitively, diplomatically, and tactfully.
$55-$100 per hour
4970 Peabody Road
Fairfield, California, United States, 94533
Corporate Overview Pacific Power & Systems, Inc. (PPS) is a highly regarded electrical and specialty services contractor focused for more than three decades on public works, industrial, institutional, renewable energy and lease-leaseback projects in the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond. Our clients include all levels of government, school districts, property developers, public and privately held corporations, and small businesses. We attribute our growth and success to our clients’ appreciation of the exceptional quality of the work we do. We take pride in delivering our work at a fair, competitive price. Integral to the way we work are our ethos of open communication and close collaboration with our clients throughout each project — from design to completion — as well as the skill and innovative mindset that our talented team brings to the job. As a result, our clients’ word-of-mouth testimony has generated more business than we could ever have won by advertising. PPS is no “off-the shelf” electrical contractor. We provide our own in-house design and installations of electrical power (including emergency power infrastructure), copper and fiber cabling, complex fire alarm systems, paging and communication systems, clock systems, security and access control, AV systems, data infrastructure, and the latest in LED lighting. We are direct distributors for many manufacturers of the products we install. Our highly skilled craftsmen are factory–trained and certified by the manufacturers we represent (e.g., Honeywell and Gamewell-FCI). Our Fire Alarm Technicians are NICET–Certified (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies). Most of our Journeyman electricians are graduates of Western Electrical Contractors Association (WECA) and/or Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) state–approved five-year apprenticeship programs. Our senior management team have (or has?) been deeply involved in electrical and systems contracting for over 40 years, including experience since 1991 with California Division of State Architect rules and regulations. We would be proud to bring our experience, energy and skills to your projects. WHAT WE DO - Design Build Construction - Pre-Engineered Construction - Building Modernization - Low-Voltage Systems - Emergency Power Infrastructure - Renewable Energy