309A Journeyman Electrician
BFG is looking to add multiple licensed 309A Journeyman Electricians.
Role: Responsible for laying out, assembling, installing, testing, troubleshooting and repairing electrical wiring, fixtures, and control devices.
- Read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations
- Splice, join and connect wire to fixtures and components to form circuits; pull wires through conduits and through holes in walls and floors; install brackets and hangers to support electrical equipment; install, replace, repair lighting fixtures and electrical control and distribution equipment, such as switches, relays and circuit breaker panels
- Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with code
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
- Connect electrical power to audio and visual communication equipment, signalling devices and heating and cooling systems; connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers or other components
- Work in a safe manner, maintaining a safe and organized work area by observing all safety policies and procedures, applying safety training
- Work collaboratively with other team members to achieve common project /site objectives. Exhibit positive and professional attitude and behaviour at all times
- Emergency standby generator experience an asset.
- Responsible for materials, tools, and appropriate paperwork.
- Must be able and willing to work nights (will receive a night shift premium)
- Possess 309A Certification and own tools and personal safety equipment
- Have 5+ years’ experience working in a retail environments
- Possess and provide proof of a valid Class G driver's licence and produce a clean driver's abstract upon hire
- Have own vehicle a requirement to get to and from jobs independently
- Be willing and able to work at heights
- Have valid Health and Safety, Scissor Lift, Fall Prevention and Working at Heights Training
- Have excellent customer service and communication skills, and the ability to build collaborative relationships with clients and internal BFG staff