Our client is urgently in need of an energetic and positive Junior electrician who can quickly become an integral part of our team. Besides having a strong education, and technical background the successful candidate will need to be an enthusiastic and goal oriented professional with strong work ethic.
- Basic knowledge of electrical cable wiring
- Extensive knowledge of electrical tools, power tools and hand tools
- Packing and unpacking of tools and equipment necessary for each installation.
- Identifyelectrical problems using a variety of testing devices.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, install and repair electrical components in a residential environment.
- Installs electrical equipment in accordance with applicable electric code.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures.
- Anticipate and address customer service needs.
- Work rapidly without compromising quality in order to minimize down times.
- Communicate estimated timelines for repairs to those impacted.
- Conduct tests and assessments of new systems and repairs to ensure quality.
- Commit to compliance with all safety standard and regulations at all times.
- Perform preventative maintenance to stay ahead of potential issues.
- Log all services, expenses, pictures and report progress to Service Fusion.
- Maintain all equipment in excellent working order.
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills for electrical installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Maintain proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in the vehicle
- Travel to job sites in service area, and work with dispatcher to ensure schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated to customers.
- Obtain customer authorization/signature for payment (or financing) at completion of job.
- Assist customers in evaluating repair vs. replace options.
- Knowledge of local electrical codes and ability to apply them in a practical manner on each job.
- Properly complete paperwork.
- Join the on-call rotation.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 1-4 years of residential electrical background and understanding
- Detail oriented and organized
- Work with mechanical and electrical tools as well as hand tools
- Electrician Certified preferred
- A valid driver’s license required, and an impeccable driving record – this will be verified
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs
- Positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills (i.e., ability to listen, observe, and interact with clients, colleagues, etc.)
- OSHA certificate and Generator service tech certification is a plus
- Applicants must have own hand tools and own transportation to and from the shop
This is a full-time position. 5 Days and 40 hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. with a half an hour lunch
Benefits: Medical Dental and Vision benefits available 90 days after date of hire; PTO, paid holidays, NJ Sick Leave and 401k.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. Worker with Disabilities needing assistance applying please feel free to call the HR Office at (844)765-5407 ext 100.