Delta Star, Inc., a leading transformer manufacturing company is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Regional Sales Manager-Atlantic Region This position is responsible for assertively generating new business qualifying customers, and developing business relationships with utilities. This specific role will require extensive relationships with utilities along the East Coast. Ensuring the growth of existing customer accounts through market research and competitive analysis, driven by a thorough technical and commercial understanding of our products and market, as well as those of our competitors. The Regional Sales Manager works with potential and current customers to assess, analyze and position our custom-engineered products and capabilities for success in the marketplace. The Regional Sales Manager works closely with other sales personnel/representatives to prepare detailed recommendations and cost estimates from customer specifications to offer solutions that meet the customerís needs. The Regional Sales Manager will be expected to travel as much as necessary to be successful. Responsibilities:
- Provide actionable reports to DSI for the region
- Perform customer visits and presentations to the further the sales goals.
- Participate in bringing customers to DSI plants for visits and plant approvals.
- Communicate regularly and consistently with the Director of Sales.
- Provide assistance whenever necessary to escalated situations.
- Work to develop an extensive CRM data base to further sales goals and customer relationships.
- Mentor manufacturer sales representatives
- Communicate closely and effectively with other departments (i.e. design engineering, contracts specialists, operations, etc.) regarding customer needs.
- Communicate and promote the companyís image and objectives externally.
- Make recommendations and provide data in support of decision making.
- Travel Objectives
- Regional Sales Managers are expected to travel and perform customer visits in order to develop strong relationships between DSI and its customers.
- Additional travel will be necessary to attend conferences and marketing opportunities.
- Regional Sales Manager support customer travel to DSI facilities when possible.
- Bachelor Degree Or Equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with utility sales.
Benefits: We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life & disability insurance, matching 401(k), FSA, ESOP, and education tuition assistance.