The Technical Project Specialist (TPS) is responsible for performing duties associated with Electrical Testing,
System Analysis and Project Management functions. The TPS provides customer installation and electrical
testing, plans work, performs estimation and supervises execution of project plans. The TPS’s has an
understanding of the Commercial, Industrial and Utility markets that Bruce and Merrilees serves. The TPS’s
conduct must, at all times, be ethical and professional to insure maximum total company safety, quality and profitability, as
well as attaining maximum customer satisfaction.
Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
· Act as a safety leader by working and communicating with team members to identify and limit hazardous
situations even in the presence of other job pressures such as scheduling and cost.
· Develop general work plan for each project which includes scope, general commissioning outline, items to
be procured, installed and tested as well as the tests to be performed.
· Competent in reading architectural, structural and electrical plans and specifications and be familiar with a
variety of electrical systems and terminology.
· Provide technical assistance and mentoring for field personnel.
· Lead field personnel in testing and commissioning activities.
· Competency in diagnosing problems and determining appropriate action plan to resolve.
· Understanding and industry knowledge with: Circuit Breakers LV/MV/HV, CT’s, VT’s, transformers,
· Experience with the following test equipment: Power Factor, Ductor, Megger, CT Ratio & Saturation, Hi-
Pot, and Circuit Breaker Timing.
· Perform bi-weekly reviews of work completed and in process.
· Prepare project cost estimates and schedules for electrical services and other projects as required.
· Perform short circuit, coordination and arc flash studies in accordance with NFPA-70E.
· Able to maintain and cultivate customer relationships.
· Assist with other project support as needed.
· Assume additional tasks that are assigned by the manager or which are logically inherent to this position.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Education/Experience: Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
and 3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Language Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Candidate must be able to
effectively communicate with internal and external customers to establish a common understanding of
3. Mathematical Skills: The ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole
numbers, common fractions and decimals. Understanding of electrical circuits and systems with the ability
4. Reasoning Skills: The ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists. The ability to interpret a variety of instructions
furnished in written, oral, and diagram and or schedule form.
920 Cass St
New Castle, Pennsylvania, United States, 16101
Since 1948, Bruce & Merrilees has provided professional project management and service for a wide range of electrical projects throughout the United States. Our innovative approach streamlines projects â€“ assuring that they are safely completed on time, within budget and to the highest quality standards.
Electrical Engineer - Relay
New Castle, Pennsylvania,