Please review the job details below prior to submitting your qualification
Please follow this link to submit your qualifications:
Job is located in Fort Worth, TX.
Prominent DFW Electrical Design Build company is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate for this role will have a vast understanding of electrical system design for commercial, industrial, or other low or medium voltage systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops electrical design solutions for a variety of facilities, from conceptual planning through final construction documents.
- Responsible for constructability of electrical system design (routing conflicts, equipment requirements, space constraints, etc.) and code compliance.
- Performs field surveys including as-built conditions and building evaluations.
- Analyzes and incorporates sustainable, energy conserving engineering concepts where appropriate.
- Produces contract documents for clients, permitting, and construction.
- Provides electrical design mentoring/training/guidance to Client’s design staff.
- Provides construction administration services (RFI resolution, submittal reviews, shop drawing review, attend project meetings with customer and contractors, final walk-through for design compliance inspection).
Project Management Skills:
- Serves as point of contact to clients, providing clear, effective, efficient, and timely communication on all project related issues.
- Responsible for project resources (personnel, consultants, expenses) to ensure client satisfaction.
- Manages project financials to ensure project profitability (budgeting, forecasting, change orders, etc.).
- Communicates and coordinates client’s work with other project partners (architects, other engineers, code enforcement agencies, etc.).
- Visits sites to ensure compliance of installation with design.
- Identifies markets and potential clients to pursue for electrical design opportunities.
- Creates estimates and proposals.
- Participates in project interviews and client development functions.
Skills and Expertise:
- 3 - 5 years of experience in facilities design in Dallas Fort Worth preferred but NOT required.
- Experience with Commercial and Industrial, critical environments, and existing buildings preferred.
- Demonstrated communication, organization and project management skills
- Previous field experience (Journeyman Electrician) is a plus.
- Proficient in Revit, Acad and other design softwaare
Hurst, TX 76053 USA