We are currently seeking an Electrical Inspector for our New York office.
The Electrical Inspector will perform field inspection of Contractors activities installing electrical systems to ensure work is constructed safely and in accordance with Contract Documents, applicable codes and regulations, submitted Construction Work plans, Safe Work plans and other relevant documents. Electrical Inspector will report directly to the Resident Engineer in charge.
Responsibilities include but not be limited to:
- Inspect installation of low voltage electrical systems and equipment.
- Inspect installation of Signal and Control Systems and equipment.
- Inspect new Tunnel Lighting Construction, Motor Control Centers installation, Fire Alarm and Mass Notification Systems and Low Voltage Electrical Switchboard and Switchgear Installations.
- Inspect the installation of the electrical wiring for new Fire-Line (Standpipe) heat tracing systems.
- Monitors Contractor’s work, keep records and write up Inspectors Daily Reports IDR’s.
- Report Non-Conformance findings and NEC Code electrical violations to Resident Engineer.
- Perform Electrical Inspection on Control Panels, Power Distribution Panels and Power Transformers.
- Witness Electrical Testing to various equipment and systems according to NETA procedures.
- Verify all Contract Pay Items installed by Contractor.
- Record all field changes and produce Construction Red-Line Drawings.
- High School Diploma.
- Preferred BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or NYC Licensed Electrician with 10 plus years’ experience.
- Full Knowledge on NFPA National Electric Code NEC.
- Field engineering/inspection skills; solid background in construction/inspection of facility electrical systems.
- Experience using Microsoft Office software products.
- Valid driver’s license preferred.
- Physically capable of covering work site conditions.