Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and working across discipline lines, then our team might be your next career step.
You will be responsible for the system power modeling, use-case power analysis, and the system power optimization. You will work with Program Managers, architects, Electrical Engineers, and System Deployment Engineers to determine use-cases to simulate. You will provide power projection for the future projects based on analysis. You will work with thermal and Product Development teams to optimize product design and reliability.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology. Responsibilities
- Collaborate with domain experts on power system requirements and use cases.
- Create and maintain power models for all Home devices.
- Measure and verify power models.
- Set up tools and procedures to ensure smooth and predicable results.
- Explore new and relevant technologies, next generation chip architectures and vendor roadmaps.
- BA/BS degree in Electrical Engineering, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of product development experience.
- Experience with system modeling, power simulation, hardware power modeling and FEA.
- Experience with SOC power simulation and optimization.
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience measuring power systems and setting up power equipment.
- Experience working with consumer products.
- Experience working with battery powered systems
- Knowledge of power architectures and their trade offs.
- Excellent problem solving, communication and data analysis skills.