This two day electrical maintenance training course will discuss application, installation, electrical maintenance and testing issues related to Low Medium and High Voltage Electric Circuit Breakers, Switchgear and Electrical Power Transformers. The course will provide the delegates with a solid understanding of theory and standards. The course will also make the delegates aware of issues concerning the proper application, installation and maintenance of these types of equipment with a strong emphasis on safety. Our electrical maintenance training course will cover a wide range of material starting from the basics and moving on to more complex issues. This course provides an overview of electric power system design and theory, focusing on the types of equipment used most commonly in the Utility, Industrial, Commercial and Institutional applications. Basic Circuit Breaker and Transformer construction, electrical safety, and common maintenance techniques are major components of this course.
Who Should Attend
This course is recommended for skilled trades, supervisors and anyone involved in the electrical maintenance and operations of Circuit Breakers and Power Transformers.
This course is designed to enable participants to:
- Understand Switchgear, Circuit Breaker and Transformer Design
- Work safely around substation equipment.
- Understand the operating principles associated with the covered equipment.
- Understand typically used protection and control systems.
- Understand the interrelationships of electrical tests.
- Understand the interpretation of test results.
- Electrical Hazards
- Energized Work
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Job Planning
- Equipment Failure Costs
High, Medium, Low Voltage Switchgear
- Typical Construction
- Control Power Systems
Electrical Maintenance of Protective Equipment & Instrument Transformers
- Potential Transformers
- Current Transformers
- Transformer Differential Protection
- Feeder Protection
- Motor Protection
Circuit Breaker Construction & Features
- Contact Operation
- Arc Extinguishing Mediums, Sulphur Hexaflouride Gas, Air, Vacuum and Oil
- Manual and Electrical operating Controls
- Safe Operating Methods
Circuit Breaker Maintenance, Care & Testing
- Mechanical Inspections
- Contact Resistance Tests
- Insulation Resistance Tests
- Insulating Gas and Oil Analysis
- Travel Analysis
- Core, Coils, Types and Ratings
- Tap Changers
- Factory Testing
- Dry, Oil and Liquid Filled Types
- Theory of Operation
- Vector and Connection Diagrams
- Important Electrical Relationships & Formulas
- Gas Relays
- Fans and Pumps
- Tap Changer Controls
- Detailed analysis of several case histories
- Oil Decay
- Component Failures
- Internal Faults
- External Faults
Testing Practices & Standards
- Oil Analysis
- Chemical Analysis
- Dissolved Gas Analysis
- Furan, Inhibitor, Power Factor Water and PCB Testing
- Insulation Resistance and Polarization Index Tests
- Turns Ratio, Excitation Current and Polarity Testing
- Capacitance and Power Factor Testing
- Winding Resistance Tests
About The Electricity Forum
The Electricity Forum has established its role as one of the nation's leading conference organizers on subjects of policy and technical common interest to electric power generators and large power consuming companies. With headquarters in Pickering, Ontario, The Electricity Forum is dedicated to providing cost-effective, highly specialized information in the format of forums, electrical training tutorials, and industry-wide events. Since 1986, more than 25,000 delegates from leading companies have attended our forums and seminars.